HOT CROSS BUN PANCAKE STACKS
CREATE A SPECIAL FAMILY BREAKFAST WITH THE KIDS IN JUST 15 MINUTES WITH THIS SIMPLE EASTER RECIPE.
Serves 4 | Mins prep 5 | Mins cook 10
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 free range eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1 cup light milk
- 1 banana, roughly chopped
- olive oil cooking spray
- 11/2 cups light ricotta
- 3 cups sliced strawberries
- Place oats in a food processor and process until fine crumbs form. Add eggs, baking powder, mixed spice, milk and banana, processing to combine. Transfer to a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Lightly spray a non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium-low heat. Add 3 tbs batter per pancake and cook for 1 minute or until underside is golden brown. Flip and cook for a further 40 seconds or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter to make 8 in total.
- Spread most of the ricotta over four pancakes, then top with strawberries. Sandwich with remaining pancakes, then use a teaspoon or snap-lock bag with corner snipped to pipe crosses on top with remaining ricotta.
*Our tip: assemble stacks just before eating for optimum freshness.
Recipe brought to you by Woolworths ‘The Fresh Food People’. Don’t forget to add these ingredients to your next Woolies shopping list.
We love to see our littlest customers get creative, be sure to share photos on Facebook or Instagram and tag @foresthillchase #foresthillchase
Photo & recipe credit: Woolworths