DIY EGGSHELL PLANTERS
AN EGG-CITING EASTER ACTIVITY THAT KEEPS ON GROWING IN FUN AND TEACHES THE KIDS NEW SKILLS ALONG THE WAY.
Here's what you will need
- Egg carton
- Sewing needle
- Potting Soil
- Spray bottle with water
- Seedlings (we recommend herbs or small flowers such as pansies)
- Permanent marker
- Gently tap the top pointed end of the eggs to slightly crack the shell, peel back the shell to expose the egg yolk and pour it into a bowl (saving it for Easter baking).
- Now you have your eggshells planters, rinse the inside with water and detergent to ensure there is no residue from the egg left.
- Once the outside of the eggshells is dry, decorate it using a permanent marker to draw a face.
- Spray the inside of the eggshells with water.
- Place the eggshells back into the carton.
- Pierce a hole using the needle through the bottom of the eggshell, this will allow the water to drain once potted.
- Fill the eggshells most of the way with potting soil, then press the seeds into the soil, and cover with a little more soil.
- Spray again with water, then place in a sunny area indoors and water as needed (refer to guide on the packaging of your seeds).
Shop for supplies to equip the kids with everything they need to get creative this Easter at Knick Knacks, The Reject Shop and Target.
We love to see our littlest customers get creative, be sure to share photos on Facebook or Instagram and tag @foresthillchase #foresthillchase